Do you love games and interactive entertainment? Do you like working in a startup environment? Do you want to be on the cutting edge of voice-first experiences? Join us, and you’ll have the power of Amazon’s tools and technology, including Alexa, Fire TV, AWS, and more, to shape the future of games.
A day in the life
You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that’s higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving technical and creative problems that haven’t been solved before. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams within Amazon. You will gain an understanding of how Alexa operates and help establish an entirely new category for games and entertainment. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, have fun and help make a positive impact on millions of customers.
About the hiring group
The Alexa team is seeking a creative, interaction/UX designer to join our fast-paced games and entertainment team. In this role, you will own the UX of complex, immersive experiences. You’ll get to work on the latest Amazon devices and craft compelling, fun, and memorable experiences for customers around the world.
We are looking for a designer who can:
• Produce user flows, wire frames, lite prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications that consider voice and visual interactions
• Contribute design requirements to specs and work with game designers, engineers, and artists to flesh out the vision of the product
• Draw on intuition, but initiate and own research and testing efforts as needed
• Define success metrics that measure success and inform ongoing improvement efforts
• Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision
• Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment – with lots of ambiguity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Key responsibilities include:
• 3+ years of experience in UX design in a games, entertainment, or other interactive field
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices.
• Experience designing on Android and iOS phones and tablets
• High proficiency in design and prototype tools (Sketch, XD, InVision, After Effects, etc.)
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated strong visual design expertise with ability to produce fresh, simple, elegant and exceedingly usable layouts and interactions and iconography.
• Experience working with nascent technologies (e.g., VR, AR, voice)
• Experience working in Unity or other game engines