The Team Manager is accountable for creating a high performance culture that motivates associates to demonstrate levels of ownership, accountability and Publisher advocacy that enables a remarkable customer experience. As a front line manager of ~14 associates, the Team Manager will regularly monitor key metrics for their team and provide coaching, guidance, and mentorship to achieve individual and team goals. The Team Manager is also responsible for interviewing, employee development, supporting training initiatives, process improvements, performance management and team engagement.
· Lead a team of Customer Service Agents
· Responsible for meeting with the team members regularly and conducting 1:1s for performance and career development purposes.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with KDP policies and procedures. Duties include but are not limited to: interviewing, training, motivating and coaching employees, fostering effective employee career growth and succession planning, planning, assigning and directing work, rewarding and disciplining employees, and effective conflict resolution.
· Promote a positive team environment. Demonstrates effective communication and cooperation amongst management and peers to manage team workload and morale.
· Conducts performance improvement efforts by coaching, using metrics to identify needs, and implementing short and long term action plans to guide progress.
· Work with staffing agency partners and/or HR teams to recruit top talent.
· Promotes, plans, performs and implements process improvements. Leads or participates in GEMBA walks.
· Actively seeks solutions and provides trends &, feedback to the Group Manager or Operations Managers to drive technology and operational improvements, interface effectively with internal teams.
· Serves as a role model by displaying good judgment, positive work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, adherence to policies, and demonstrates a commitment to excellent customer service.
· Demonstrates appropriate sense of urgency for email response times and phone service levels. Accountable for service level agreements for self and team.
· Manages and maintains payroll and schedule adherence in payroll system.
· All other duties and special projects as assigned.
· Has schedule flexibility, including the ability to work outside normal business hours, including weekends.
· Excels at providing coaching and mentoring to others with a goal of achieving success.
· Demonstrates ability to analyze data, using the data to drive decision making.
· Knowledge of all MS Office tools
· Fosters a positive team environment and collaboration within the site.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of constituencies in a diverse environment.
· Bachelor Degree
· 2+ year in Author Central and KDP Customer Support with increasing responsibility
· 1+ years of management experience with a focus on team development
· Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and communicate clearly with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Easily approachable, cooperative, and a team player, easily gains the trust and support of Associates and peers.
· Strong prioritization and time management skills, with a high degree of flexibility.
· Demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency and adaptability in response to changing business needs.