Come and be part of the AWS Data Center Automation team and build products that enable AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing, and have direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands developers and businesses around the world who use AWS every day.
As AWS launches new product offerings that support our data centers, the AWS Data Center Automation team is looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer who will help create new product experiences for our users. As a UX Designer on the team you will be working with a team of product managers and software engineers to build, test, launch, measure, and iterate on the user experience that drives the directed work users within AWS global data center operations. You will be central to supporting the users inside of the AWS’ data centers in developing products that automate day-to-day work and improve building experiences that optimize for minimal friction and predictable and measurable, incremental performance gains.
This position requires a hands-on, innovative designer that can translate business needs into customer-focused product. You will partner with management and stakeholders directly to drive design priorities and the UX goals within the team.
Data Center Automation systems are at heart of ensuring that we can provide our users with the right computing services, in the right region, at the right time! The Data Center Automation team is responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the physical work processes that occur inside all of AWS’ global data centers. Our talented team of datacenter engineers depend on our systems to perform their work safely, securely, efficiently, and free of defects, resultant in finished products being ready for AWS customer-facing utilization. Our team is responsible for billions of dollars in capital and the ultimate success of our core cloud infrastructure business.‘
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship &, Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
· 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar
· A bachelor’s degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), a related UX degree or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience creating services and applications on different platforms and devices, including mobile, web, and devices.
· An available portfolio of UX design
· Experience working with software developers in an Agile/Scrum environment for design implementation
· Able to work in a diverse team
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g. conducted usability studies, performing user research)
· Hands-on experience creating prototypes or highly detailed wireframes for complex web applications
· Strong UX skills in data-driven analytics capabilities
· Fluency in best practices for visual and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of typography, color, and visual design
· Fluency with user interface patterns for desktop and mobile experiences
· A demonstrated ability to engage and influence people and teams at every level in the organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.