‘We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.’ – Jeff Bezos, CEO.
We didn’t make Amazon a multi-billion dollar company, our customers did and we want to ensure that our customers always have a positive experience that keeps them coming back to Amazon. To help achieve this, the Worldwide Defect Elimination (WWDE) tech team relentlessly focuses on building world class products to provide the right resolution to the issues faced by our customers.
WWDE tech team is responsible for building software applications that intelligently predict the customers’ pain points to optimally route to the right solution, whether it be a customer service agent or self-help features. We design and develop software to build and interface with machine learning models, and to integrate with Amazon’s numerous backend systems to solve the customers problem right the first time. We work on products that directly impact millions of Amazon customers.
The WWDE tech team needs engineers who can solve complex problems and build scalable, cutting edge solutions. Can you build intelligent systems that proactively understand customer issues? Can you design multi-channel orchestration to guarantee satisfaction and consistency across websites, apps, chat bots, Alexa, and other channels? Can you create no-compromise frameworks that are scalable and robust, while also being user-friendly and flexible? If these challenges excite you, then go ahead and apply to get one step closer to joining our team! We are a high growth team working on high visibility tech modernization goals and we have exciting projects lined up in our roadmap for 2020 and 2021.
As a SDE-I, you are responsible for setting a high bar throughout the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing, and operations. You will also get tenured SDEs to mentor and pave the road for your growth and development within our team.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline
· Background in computer science basics (data structures, sorting/searching algorithms, order analysis)
· Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python)
· A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
· A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
· MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
· Deep knowledge of Distributed SOA Architecture, Relational DB knowledge, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, and various AWS technologies
· Experience successfully mentoring junior SDEs
· Exposure to Machine Learning/deep learning projects
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired