At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for an exceptional manager and analyst who is passionate about the Customer Experience, who thinks/acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute major innovations in the industry to join us as Customer Service Senior Operations Manager for Brazil.
This is a top-level management position that is fully accountable for the results of the reporting teams at the customer service center.
The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible of ensuring operational excellence, in alignment with the vision and direction of the leadership team for Brazil Virtual Customer Service / Contact Center. This role requires both strong operational skill, Customer Obsession, and ability to drive results. The position reports to the Brazil Site Lead.
The ideal candidate will possess both an optimization background that enables him/her to manage quantitative planning and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about customer service initiatives. He/she will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis.
The successful candidate will:
· Create best capacity plans for business by managing trade-offs between Customer Experience/Service Levels, Employee Experience, and Cost Effectiveness.
· Develop and improve multiple forecasting models using data analysis and statistical tools.
· Mitigate capacity risks by managing dependencies across multiple operating units. Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track exceptions.
· Participate in wider customer service projects and initiatives. He/she will own providing optimal CS solutions for upcoming initiatives.
· Coordinate with Operations, Capacity Planning and Finance teams across the global CS team to analyze historical data and forecast demand. Manage the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of contact center performance via Key Performance Indicators.
· Support local site management to optimize staffing requirements. Manage SLA through Phone/Email routing and monitoring systems and provide recommended workflow options and directives to maintain acceptable SLA.
· Fully leverage existing technology, including global standardization of reporting.
· Display excellent written communication skills with an ability to transform data points into written explanations and is comfortable with a narrative style of business presentations.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees, planning, assigning and directing work, rewarding and disciplining employees, and effective conflict resolution.
· Effectively collaborate and build productive working relationships with direct reports, peers, leadership, and other departments.
· Manage the career growth and development of the CS team by driving focus on Amazon’s Core Values. Play a critical role in building analytical depth by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership within their organizational units, as well as serving as a role model for these skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or similar.
• Experience building and analyzing models using various statistical tools for forecasting and optimization.
• 2+ years’ experience in analysis required.
• 2+ years’ experience leading leaders.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
• MBA preferred
• Project Management knowledge preferred
• Operations Research or Capacity Planning experience strongly preferred.
• Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred.
• Strong commitment to exceptional customer experience, and a high level of dedication, enthusiasm, motivation, and persuasive ability in a team and cross-functional environment.
• Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, ambiguous environment.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
• Exceptional influencing and leadership skills