At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we’re looking for a talented Business Analyst who can generate data driven insights that will guide the Heavy Bulky &, Services (HBS) operational excellence programs. Data-driven decision making is at the core of Amazon’s culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for the Amazon’s HBS team.
As a Business Analyst, you will be working with senior business and operations leaders to drive KPIs. You will be leading the deep-dive analysis to address some of the unique challenges in HBS. You will be gathering customer insights, mining data, making recommendations, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions. You will have the opportunity to work with one of the most complex data warehouses in the world to gather insights using data from across Amazon. You will work closely with the business and technical teams in analysis on many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative-problem solving to deliver actionable output.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen and judgment, intense curiosity, strong technical skills, and superior written and verbal communication skills. They will have a strong bias toward data driven decision making. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and be creative (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
· Uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our operational decisions
· Apply data mining, quantitative analysis, and statistical models to understand how our customers interact with us and identify the best way to improve the customer experience and meet our goals
· Own the design, development, maintenance, and forecasting of ongoing performance metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
· Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Business, Finance, Computer Science, or Economics or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analyst role
· Expert-level skills in writing and optimizing SQL to handle extremely large datasets
· Work experience with major data visualization tools including Tableau/QuickSight/Power BI etc.
· Expert-level skills in MS excel
· Understanding of data warehousing and data modeling
· Excellent communication (verbal, written, and data presentation) skills for interactions with both business and technical teams
· Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)
· 5+ years of experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analyst role
· Business modeling skills a plus
· Experience driving automation using Amazon technologies –Redshift, Athena, S3, EC2, Quicksight, etc