If you are innovative and passionate about driving process improvement and motivating a team of driven, customer-obsessed associates and Technical Support Managers, all while analyzing systemic issues and implementing solutions to challenging problems, zeal to set up new sites and improvise new processes, we have the career you’re looking for!
Amazon is looking for a Group Manager who will lead and support a team of 4-6 Team Managers and 60-100 Technical Support Associates who provide technical support for the Virtual Technical Support (VTS) site. The Amazon Group Manager will work remotely and must be available to work any schedule based on business needs (weekends and night hours required) and be on-call as required.
Key responsibilities include:
· Manage a team of 4-6 Team Managers and 60-100 Technical Support Associates, responsible for the performance of the teams
· Ability to set the vision and culture of the team by setting individual and team performance expectations and goals, monitoring real time service levels and schedule adherence, and holding the team accountable for meeting and exceeding performance targets
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures, additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees, planning and assigning work, rewarding and reviewing employees, and effective conflict resolution
· Handle the career growth and development of the Technical Support team by driving focus on Amazon’s Leadership Principles
· Effectively partners and builds productive working relationships with direct reports, peers, leadership, and other departments
Operations and Project Management
· Manage staffing to ensure you are meeting our LTF/STF, occupancy and PTL targets.
· Handle escalations, proactively engage resources to address issues and effectively delegate workload across the leadership team.
· Drive creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, Lean/Kaizen activities, and other change/Six Sigma initiatives
· Participate on business leadership meetings, helping to develop and drive strategies and programs which improve the competitive position and profitability of the organization.
· Works to build and maintain customer trust
· Solving complex customer support issues and proactively heading off negative service trends
· Identifying and eliminating root cause barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.
· Understanding and correctly utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures
· Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in order to achieve customer support expectations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience managing managers.
· Must be fluent in English
· 24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, holidays, and nights
· Must be willing to work from home
· Advanced computer skills using a variety of programs highly desired
· Strong communication skills as well as a strong technical and analytical aptitude are required
· Should be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment and display creative and analytical problem solving and passionate about excellent customer service
· Expertise in both giving and receiving constructive, actionable feedback that produces desired results.
· Ability to stay focused and keeps up with our continuous and fast-paced growth
· Demonstrate ability to be a strong team player, behaves like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards
· 6 months of technical support experience
· Ability to demonstrate consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed
· Ability to take initiative
· Ability to drive quality, productivity, and process improvements and keep pace with our growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of a customer-focused and metrics driven environment
· Ability to be a cost owner and drive cost effective measures in the department and across the organization
· Ability to handle and drive process related automation with technical team where needed
· Lean Six Sigma certified