This position can be based in any of our UK Fulfilment Centers. Our Fulfillment Centre operations are at the heart of Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good. The EU Health and Safety function is part of the Operational teams and supports our Fulfillment Centers who are responsible for controlling the vast range of ever-growing inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
You will be managing aspects of output in your area: people management, metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements. The extent of your essential responsibilities will include:
* Supervise the health and safety program for our Customer Fulfillment business.
* Leadership of Health &, Safety teams in the region to ensure delivery of objectives.
* Maintain communication with Operational directors and General Managers from local sites.
* Ensure robust safety reporting regimes are in place for Health &, Safety statistics
* Engage in collaborative health and safety projects across the region.
* Develop and implement training programs to meet the needs of Managers and Associates in regards to critical safety issues.
* Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to EU and Country law and all applicable Health &, Safety policies and programs.
* Analyze Health &, Safety data and build prevention programs.
* Perform regular gap analysis to best justify funds for site safety improvements and react to Associate feedback.
* Build management and employee commitment for a safety program through engagement and leadership tools.
* Consult with work councils, safety committees as required.
* Develop a positive working relationship with local authorities i.e. Fire Department, Environmental Health Officer.
* Maintain communication with law enforcement bodies and accident insurers
* Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the flexible environment.
* Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent with extensive Health &, Safety Management experience, preferably gained in a low margin, high volume environment with warehousing and logistics beneficial.
* Completed university degree.
* Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or equivalent.
* Used to operating at all levels of the organization from warehouse floor to board level.
* Experience as a department manager, leading a group of lower level managers.
* An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU &, UK H&,S legislation
* Flexible approach to work, able to handle own priorities, workload and European travel.
* Credibility and be able to effectively engage and influence other functional leaders and their teams, to build buy-in to EU HS strategies and change processes.
* Professional communication and influencing skills – result orientated and tenacious.
* Proven record of promoting significant change through an operation
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.