Amazon.com strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon’s evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company’s DNA. The world’s brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About the Role:
The Retail Business Systems (RBS) group is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and comprehensive product information. The team’s primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience. Amazon procures products, for sale on its website, from millions of vendor partners worldwide. Behind the scenes there is constant effort to maintain relationship with the vendors and involves specific set of activities across selection, availability, conversion, traffic and business advice.
In the Amazon Vendor Services Team (AVS) of the RBS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to support a premium service offerings for Amazon Tier 1 AVS vendors. You will be responsible for an Operations team supporting operational aspects of managing the customer relationships with our vendors. As an Operations Manager for the Amazon Vendor Services Team, you will lead and grow a team focused on key tasks for our US marketplace Tier1 vendors.
Your team will be involved in liaising with Amazon internal teams to provide oversight, integrating with vendors on strategic and operational aspects of their business with Amazon, root causing issues and opportunities affecting the vendor’s business. Duties may include, taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of subordinates or others, outline procedures and instructions on work received, make time estimates on new jobs received, check accuracy / quality of work done by your team, ensuring records are maintained accurately, ensuring utilization of team is high and mentoring and training new team members.
· Lead a team of 60+ resources
· Set-up strategic and focused programs and launch initiatives to impact the vendor experience and considerably improve the vendor satisfaction scores for our Tier1 vendors
· Manage the team of Catalog Managers, Subject Matter Experts, Senior Associates, Associates to perform deep dive analysis on the handled issues for the vendors and publish recommendations and action plans based on data to improve vendor experience
· Success will be measured by the performance of your teams on input metrics
· Leading the team who in turn will be managing/executing the vendor related operational activities by championing the vendor’s needs at Amazon
· Build strong communication channels at all levels, set proper expectations, provide clear status communications, and manage towards a growth plan for the vendors and Amazon business
· Provide leadership around planning, roadmaps and execution
· Establish long term partnerships with key vendor partners for the group of vendors by your team
· Work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, fulfillment center, system teams) to help drive tools and process improvements that affect vendor management workflows
· Participate in business/stakeholder reviews, drive vendor scorecard excellence
· Mentor and guide Quality lead / Process Expert to manage quality, improve process efficiency and minimize variation, conceptualize, design and deliver trainings to the team
· Operate in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment with full control and responsibility of achieving business objectives
Key Performance Areas:
· Manage the team of Catalog Managers, Subject Matter Experts, Senior Associates, Associates and ensure high service delivery and execution
· People Management (leadership role, Category Lead, team management, floor control and retention)
· Analyzing Inflow trend and highlighting gaps
· Formulate, Implement, Track career path &, Individual Development Plans of each member in the Team
· Manage programs, processes and Metrics along with other tasks
Qualification &, Experience:
· Fulltime MBA, with over 7 + years of experience in high impact roles in operations including marketing/supply chain/ or vendor management
· Have managed a large team as 2nd or higher-level manager for a minimum of 3 + years in managing people and interacting with customers / stake holders
· Relevant experience in Operations with exposure
· Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business “by the numbers”.
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly. Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented.
· A willingness to roll up sleeves to get stuff done
· Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel
· Experience in ecommerce
Experience in in-stock management (managing demand, inventory) or Vendor Management
· Experience in business process improvement, Lean/Six Sigma a strong plus.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.