Do you want to be part of an organization that is at the forefront of transforming customer experience by enhancing and speeding up last mile delivery services? If so, the Amazon Logistics (AMZL) Launch Start-up team is looking for an experienced leader who is up for a challenge. In this role you will execute multiple projects and deliver results in a fast paced and growing organization. We need leaders who are capable of managing at scale while being curious about process details, new initiatives and operational complexity.
The Sr. Manager of AMZL Start-up will develop and lead a team that focuses on
a) End to end delivery: Enable fast network expansion while prioritizing adherence to safety standards, design standards and seamless cross functional team coordination to own end to end delivery of world class sites to operations
b) Quality and on-time delivery: Align efforts and interests of operations, support and cross functional teams to ensure quality and timeliness of launches
c) Cost: Reduce costs and inefficiencies through innovation, meticulous project/resource management and process improvements
d) Continuous improvement and scalability: Lead various projects/initiatives driven by lessons learnt and continuous improvement efforts to refine the strategy and approach to improve the overall program in a scalable manner.
The Sr Manager of AMZL Launch Operations will work closely with both corporate and field operations teams. You must have the capability to create and present whitepapers for senior executives, and align roadmaps with Amazon’s strategic objectives. To influence the cross functional stakeholders and deliver world class product the candidates should be able to:
a) Solve complex, technical problems with simple, innovative and practical solutions
b) Communicate effectively through excellent written and verbal communication skills
c) Display key project management skills
d) Proactively identify challenge, and form and execute mitigation strategies
e) Lead teams with the required analytical, mathematical, and quantitative capabilities
f) Prioritize well and consistently deliver.
· Bachelors degree
· 10+ years of experience in operations and project/program management
· 2+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed project
· Experience leading direct reports, including development and performance management
· MBA, MS, MA or advanced degree
· Degree in Engineering field
· Experience leading and supporting across geographies
· Experience supporting launch of new sites.
· Demonstrated ability to own projects, think big and influence across all levels of an organization
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills – ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers.
· Experience/certification in Lean/Six Sigma Mfg. methodologies
· 5+ years of advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.