Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform. On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
In AWS Finance, you will work with exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who believe financial partnership is critical to customer success. We benefit from diverse experiences and perspectives and are committed to inclusion as a business advantage and the right thing to do. The growth of AWS and scope of Amazon’s business create opportunities to grow your career and broaden experience in any direction you choose. As a pioneer in cloud services, AWS lets you apply data, creativity, and analytical ability to completely new challenges and opportunities. This is a chance to work hard, have fun, and make history.
AWS Simple Storage Service (S3) Finance seeks a world class Finance Manager to act as a finance lead for the Cost and Capacity of one of the largest AWS services, improve infrastructure cost efficiency through deep diving into cost behaviors, and to support business strategies for GM through insightful analysis.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Driving financial planning &, analysis, building complex financial models and analytical tools to support review of S3’s storage costs and capacity
· Developing short and long range financial / operational forecasts of S3’s storage footprint
· Develop, track, and report relevant KPIs to shed financial and operational insights into the CapEx and OpEx drivers, and influence business decisions using data and communication skills
· Lead cost optimization projects by diving deep into financial systems and working with Technical Program Managers, and Engineers to understand S3’s costs, key drivers, and effects of technology transitions
· Identifying and quantifying financial / operational Risks and Opportunities (R&,O) to the business
· Driving ad hoc financial analyses and projects
The successful candidate will provide strong finance support and controllership for S3’s costs, implement and drive the core financial processes for the business including Annual Operating Plans, identifying and quantifying financial/operational Risks and Opportunities (R&,O) to the business, and driving ad-hoc business projects.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
· Minimum 7 years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 3+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines
· MBA preferred
· Strong Excel skills
· Experience in TM1, Data Warehouse and SQL
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep on ambiguous challenges and deliver actionable insight
· Ability to work well with cross functional teams and present ideas to a group of senior level managers
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast paced environment
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectation
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.