The Catalog Quality Operations team in Amazon is looking for highly motivated and talented candidates, with strong analytical &, communication skills, attention to details and commitment to excellence. An ideal candidate is expected to demonstrate expertise in the process, handle complex projects/tasks and may also be assigned as a formal coach/mentor.
Roles and Responsibilities
Role in this position is broadly bucketed into Managing Operations, Planning and Forecasting, Quality and Process Excellence, Communication with Stakeholders, Building Solutions, and People Management.
Core responsibilities for this position includes:
– Responsible for productivity, quality, and coverage metrics goals – Executes important tasks/activities independently
– Identifies day-to-day operational problems and suggests tactical solutions
– Analyzes data and is responsible for highlighting gaps, recommending solutions, driving/influencing inter-function decisions
– Establishes key reporting/MIS for functional area and provides reports to senior management/ stakeholders at process level
– May own and prioritize work allocation based on business needs with a daily/monthly frequency
– May plan capacity and commits to volume by managing resources, queue, shift management, cross training, and leave management
– Reports fluctuations in key metrics and communicates to key stakeholders with a plan of action
– Drives continuous improvement and contributes to COE (Correction of Error) process by documenting any issues/RCAs/action planning in functional area and owns specific action or change
– Identifies gaps and drives improvement/ optimization initiatives that work toward a metric improvement within processes/functions at site level
– Demonstrates the ability to dive deep into a problem, performs ‘root cause analysis,’ and identifies constraints to recommend a solution
– Interacts with multiple stakeholders to communicate on operations and represents data/metrics information and project reviews
– Responsible for pre-scoped external/internal communication, i.e., recurring updates, blurbs, and reports
– Represents data and communicates effectively to handle escalations, influences decision
– Develops processes or tool components with documented SOPs for new processes or activities undertaken by the function
– Mentors/coaches/trains associates and contributes to their growth
- 1+ years’ experience in program or project management
- Experience interpreting data to make business recommendations
– Graduate in any stream
– Proficiency in written and spoken English is required. Additionally language skills are highly desirable.
– Good analytical skills and attention to detail
– Working knowledge of basic computer business applications such as MS Word and MS Excel, Outlook.
– Willingness to work with sensitive issues, including but not limited to: (1) Adult Content, (2) Religious and philosophically sensitive issues, (3) Alcohol, tobacco, weapons and other potentially offensive products
– Background in web search and familiarity with various ways used for searching for information
– Familiarity with online retail (e-commerce) and Internet search industries