Do you have IT consulting leadership experience deploying technology and IT transformations within Fortune 500 enterprise organizations across infrastructure technologies, disciplines, practices and transformations? Have you built and led successful consulting practices? Do you have broad technical skills and experience across all aspects of Project/Program Execution and Delivery? Can you build and lead a Project Delivery focused technical specialty team to deliver new capabilities to our enterprise customers?
The Amazon Web Services Professional Services team is looking for Delivery Practice Managers (DPM) that can manage, develop and guide customers in their adoption of AWS Cloud solutions, including innovative solutions using agile frameworks. A DPM will focus on a geography and a set of technical specialties, and will manage a team of direct reports. The DPM will develop a long-term plan to develop the right skills across its team. The team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
Key job responsibilities
You will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of engagements to customers across the continent.
You will expedite stakeholder alignment, team cohesion and risk mitigation while ensuring feedback loops close the engagement lifecycle.
You will assist in training internal teams in agile development/framework best practices, utilize the framework to accelerate both innovation and migration scenarios with customers and be a strategic business partner.
· Manage a team in excess of 10 people whose primary responsibility is program/project management in a professional services environment
· 5+ years’ hands on experience leading the delivery of multiple enterprise-level IT consulting projects using Agile/Iterative methodologies
· Mentored, coached or trained other project/engagement managers, the business or customers on agile best practices, frameworks and/or methodologies
· Experience utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies to deliver engagements/projects
· Experience with Agile and Project Management (APM) toolsets (e.g. Jira, RallyDev, VersionOne, Taiga, etc). Sprinting with backlogs managed in these toolsets.
· Deep and advanced experience and understanding of leading Agile ecosystems (SAFE, Scrum, Kanban) and Lean systems thinking.
· Able to lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
· Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
Has at least one active project management certification (e.g., APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, PRINCE2)
· AWS Experience and Certifications.
· Managed technical projects consisting of 8 or more people totaling over $1,000,000 budget
· Managed and delivered IT engagements for a Fortune 100 company.
· Managed engagements using both Waterfall and Agile/Iterative methodologies.
· Bachelor’s Degree in STEM, MBA or Masters in Computer Science.
· Has presented to Sr. Managers/Directors as well as to technical subject matter experts. Routinely engages at these levels with customers, as well as with their consulting partners
· One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
· Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment fast paced environment.
· Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
· Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and customers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.