Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Your job: help our customers reach their fullest potential, one use case at a time.
All Amazon staff are expected to exhibit the 16 Leadership Principles, but there are principles that the outstanding candidate will demonstrate most of all for this role: Customer Obsession, Invent and Simplify, Dive Deep, and Ownership.
Key job responsibilities
- Write SQL queries and accompanying documentation, referred to as Instructional Queries, for new and existing data sources.
- Define requirements for new datasets to onboard, working closely with business stakeholders and engineering teams to ensure that the data onboarded will help customers to develop actionable insights.
- Improve the product by understanding customers’ needs, consult with our AMC customers, including agencies and direct advertisers.
- Work with internal stakeholders to prioritize new AMC use cases.
- Write documentation and short articles to inspire AMC usage, which will be used by advertisers to drive growth across KPIs.
- Demonstrate deep analytical ability, and develop great expertise in Amazon’s proprietary metrics, working to constantly evolve how we analyze and communicate data driven insights to our advertisers.
- Be able to deal with ambiguity in order decipher complex problems and translate solutions into documentation and Instructional Queries.
- Recognize and make recommendations to improve the product, from quick wins to large-scale efforts.
- Educate other teams on AMC and keep them engaged by delivering learning sessions.
- Be someone who enjoys learning new skills and adopting new analytical methodologies and tools.
A day in the life
- You will explore AMC’s datasets, write new queries, and documentation.
- You will collect and organize feedback from customers and internal stakeholders and prioritize the new queries and product features.
- To get inspiration, you will meet with customers to understand how they are using AMC and identify opportunities for new instructional queries and datasets to onboard.
- You will work cross-functionally with the Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Analytics, and Support teams.
- 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
- 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Advanced in SQL – ability to write complex queries from scratch from multiple tables, creating the appropriate joins, extracting and manipulating data, formatting fields, creating new measures and metrics etc.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Technical writing experience
- AdTech and/or ecommerce experience
- In depth understanding of advanced statistical techniques and methodologies as well as simple linear regression analysis, multivariate regression analysis and model building
- Fluency with an advanced analytical tool (Python, R, etc.) with the ability to run advanced statistical modeling.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.