Does the idea of being one of the founding members of a new team to solve some big problems for Amazon excite you? If you have a good understanding of hardware, software, networking, and systems integration, and you’d like to work on a high-visibility, high-impact greenfield project, you’ve come to the right place!
In this newly formed team, as a Systems Development Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to exercise the gamut of Amazon’s Leadership Principles (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/principles) and build cool stuff at a scale that you’re unlikely to find in most places.
Amazon Infrastructure Engineering is the organization that creates and maintains the IT infrastructure used by millions of Amazonians distributed across facilities like Amazon Air hubs, sortation facilities, delivery stations, Amazon Fresh, and Fulfillment Centers all over the world. What every one of these facilities have in common is that they all have printing needs.
Our customers, the Amazonians who use those printers and the IT support technicians who must service them, have limited to no visibility into the key performance indicators (KPIs) for those printers and services used to print. This means we are reacting to problems like consumables running out and regular wear items breaking instead of proactively servicing or replacing devices as they reach the end of their service life. With an ever increasing number of locations, this is clearly unsustainable and presents an opportunity for us to Invent and Simplify.
The charter of the newly formed Print Services team is to design and build the solutions that will reduce the operational overhead on the IT support technicians and improve service for the end users of printers. We will do that through a combination of integrating third-party vendor solutions and designing and building software. As a greenfield product, we are unburdened by having to support a legacy system and have the opportunity to Think Big, Invent and Simplify, and Deliver Results.
You have the option of being located in Seattle, WA, Nashville, TN, Austin, TX, or Boston, MA.
* A Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Engineering Science, Engineering Physics, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, or a related field and/or relevant experience.
* 2 to 5 years experience writing code in Java, Python, Ruby, Golang, or similar languages
* Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including: coding standards, code reviews, source code version control, build processes, security, testing, and operations
* Excellent written and oral communications
* Experience using Amazon Web Services
* Knowledge of writing Linux daemons to provide access to printer KPIs
* Knowledge of print and networking protocols
* Familiarity with IoT concepts
Please do not look at any of the qualifications as an absolute. We do not expect that you will meet 100% of them so we encourage you to apply as long as you can demonstrate competency in most.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.