Amazon is seeking a pragmatic, innovative, and driven financial services professional to support the expansion of Amazon’s payments programs and services WW. In this role you will drive Anti-Money Laundering, Countering the Financing of Terrorism, and Sanctions compliance initiatives to completion, balancing regulatory compliance with business enablement.
This role is part of a small team of compliance subject matter experts and project managers who work across legal, risk, operations, business, and technical teams to drive compliance risk management initiatives required to support the expansion of our Compliance Programs.
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate on new product initiatives or existing product expansions to understand product construct and business plans.
- Assess the impact of new regulations to amazon businesses, working across teams to translate regulatory requirements into implementable controls.
- Drive the creation and execution of expansion related project plans with minimal supervision, spotting risk and clearing blockers where necessary.
- Align multiple stakeholders on appropriate solutions.
- Ensure high standards for project management with high senior leadership visibility and strict deadlines.
- Facilitate project update communications and meetings, providing senior leadership with actionable information regarding the status of individual deliverables, work-streams, and the overall project.
- Promote a culture of compliance, proactively engaging peers and stakeholders across business, operations, and technology teams to educate on compliance concerns.
About the team
The Risk and Compliance Services team (RCS) within Amazon’s Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS) organization supports Amazon’s regulated payments compliance programs globally. RCS manages license maintenance, regulatory reporting, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions, and consumer protection programs, as well as risk management and controls assurance.
· BA/BS or equivalent
· 5+ years of experience in compliance program management within traditional or non-traditional financial services
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to translate complex issues for consumption by technical and non-technical audiences, including senior management and executives.
· Demonstrated ability to challenge the status-quo and drive for results in ambiguous and fast paced environments.
· Capability to work independently, exercise sound judgement, problem solve, and continually calibrate priorities with minimal supervision.
· The ability and willingness learn new skills and AML regimes.
· Payments or e-commerce background
· Familiarity with AML/CFT and Sanctions regimes in the Americas and Asia-Pacific
· Experience working with international teams across multiple time-zones
· Professional certification such as CAMS, CRCM, or CRP
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.