Are you passionate about helping startups? Do you have familiarity with the startup ecosystem? Does the idea of leveraging the scale and reach of AWS for the benefit of startups excite you? Do you thrive bringing structure to a dynamic, ambiguous, customer obsessed environment? At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are leading the cloud revolution. For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups—to power their infrastructure. Startup Strategy, Operations &, Enablement (SSOE) is a diverse team that supports the Sales, Solution Architects, and Business Development teams across the world to enable AWS teams to better serve our startup customers in their journey to the cloud.
We are seeking an experienced leader to join us as the Head of Training and Enablement leading our team of Enablement Specialists to ensure the field organization is well-equipped with the content, training, knowledge of available resources, and core curriculum necessary to effectively support our Startup customers. This role is responsible for defining, landing and executing against our Startup Enablement strategic priorities. This position will ensure high productivity of our field teams from initial onboarding through to continuous “ever-boarding” across our portfolio of offerings and solutions. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of building and leading global programs combined with the ability to map field requirements and corporate resources into a comprehensive enablement plan. This individual will work very closely with business leader for each startup function. The ideal candidate will have several years in Field Enablement and/or Global Program leadership and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
This position will work with the stakeholders supporting the extended Startup organization, including Sales, Business Development, and Solution Architects. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies. This is a hands-on position – the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves” and get things done.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build a compelling enablement vision, strategy, and roadmap to support our diverse set of needs in the Startup team.
- Perform detailed needs assessments in coordination with the Sales Leadership, Business Development, Solutions Architects and Operations. Translate business needs into an enablement plan for each functional leader.
- Create, develop, manage, and lead the successful execution of the cross-functional enablement programs.
- Develop the master plan and calendar for enablement activities throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain an effective governance process focused on providing timely and targeted content for enablement and continuously improving the field knowledge transfer and learning needs.
- Design and implement metrics to measure training programs and impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility. Measure and report on the effectiveness of enablement investments.
- Review and manage the existing content library to determine opportunities to improve the learning experience, ensure the content is current and relevant and best technology is employed.
· Minimum 10+ years of Enablement leadership or global program management experience with increasing influence and responsibility.
· Excellent communications skills including, presenting, editing, and writing as well as accuracy and attention to detail required.
· Proven program management and project management skills
· Proven ability to lead and manage at senior levels without direct authority
· A fast-thinking, high-energy individual with an ability to work with a wide range of personalities
Ability to work in a global and matrixed organization
· Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute those plans.
· High Performing Leader: Demonstrated performance in highly complex environments with an ability to think big, dive deep, and deliver results. Self-starter who can navigate AWS’s internal environment to solve complex challenges. Exceptional cross-organization collaboration-building skills, including ability to partner with teams with multiple different priorities.
· Proactive Systems Thinker: Able to manage a high degree of complexity and to distill information, able to think both strategically at a global level as well as effectively developing key processes, and deliver and distribute information across multiple channels and mediums. /
- Culture Cultivator: A passion for fostering an inclusive and diverse culture through training and enablement initiatives
- Project Driver: Project Management skills and ability to lead multiple high-profile projects of varying timelines simultaneously and across a distributed set of stakeholders without direct ownership of resources. Ability to prioritize work and maintain good judgment in a rapidly changing environment and synthesize insights and next steps from a large amount of sometimes conflicting data to identify common patterns, meet stakeholder requirements, and support the Startup team’s strategic priorities
- Communicator: Exceptional written, presentation, and verbal communications skills that can be applied across organizational levels, including ability to build comprehensive, compelling, and actionable presentation and communication materials that span functions and groups.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.