Now offering a one-time, Relocation Bonus of $22,000 USD to be used for relocation, or any expenses you may have!
As a Data Center Technician, you are a primary resolver for your support team, and are skilled at troubleshooting hardware based problems. You are able to troubleshoot and solve a range of datacenter infrastructure issues including, but not limited to: hardware, fiber, networking, and related problems. With increased knowledge and experience you become an escalation point for junior technicians and become responsible for creating and maintaining documentation on technologies you support. Issues are escalated to the appropriate resolver groups when necessary. You understand common IT principles like computer architecture and the OSI model and are able to apply them to finding solutions to problems. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You act as an escalation point for junior technicians. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. Shift work is required. This position will fill an opening at one of multiple separate sites. This position may involve a night shift.
This position receives a one-time, Relocation Bonus of $22K*
*Disclaimer: additional relocation will not be offered for these roles. The Relocation Bonus is intended to cover any relocation expenses and provide a larger upfront incentive for new Employees. This lump sum will be paid out within first 30 days of employment and is subject to applicable tax.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
In compliance with the U.S. government requirement that employees of its contractors, and employees who work on or in connection with U.S government contracts must receive the COVID-19 vaccine, this position may require that the candidate selected be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is considered fully vaccinated by completing the full regimen of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses for Pfizer or Moderna and one dose for Johnson &, Johnson).
24/7 shift coverage is required and may include up to 12 hour shifts, rotating shifts, 3, 4, or 5 day work weeks, and may change based on the needs of the business. Travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
This position requires the ability to lift up to 40 lbs and work in a cramped and/or elevated environment.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Associate’s degree in IT-related field or equivalent professional or military experience
- 2+ years of experience with server hardware
- 1+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
· Hands-on experience with one or more of the follow hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus.
· Networking experience with CCNA and/or Network+ certifications is a plus.
· Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking &, stacking gear, cable management, hot &, cold aisle containment).
· Associate’s degree in IT-related field plus two years of progressively responsible experience preferred.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· *IT Hardware and concepts
· – RAID, SAN, x86 Architecture, SCSI
· *Linux Administration
· – Command Line Interface
· – Boot Process
· – GRUB/LILO
· – File Systems
· – Network device and protocol configuration
· – Directory Structure
· – Performance Management/Troubleshooting
· – Base Operating System Install
· – Scripting: Perl, Python, Bash
· – Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs
· – Protocols
· – OSI Model
· – Copper and Fiber Optic Testing and Cabling Standards
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.