We at Amazon are working to secure the entire AWS infrastructure by building cutting-edge detection platforms and shifting-left to build preventative controls in our entire code-base. We’re looking for software leaders who can independently drive innovation to help us secure Amazon.
The team is responsible for the protection of customer and corporate data through building cloud native applications from scratch, using the entire book of AWS products. This group is unique, relative to other groups, because it doesn’t live within an IT org but is an engineering organization with scope across all Amazon products. (Prime Video, Alexa, Amazon.com etc.). This is the largest scale of work here at Amazon, with complex implementations and working on very important products from a business and regulatory perspective.
This position has a flexible work location and can be located in the following sites: Austin, San Diego, Seattle, New York, and Arlington, VA. There may be potential for virtual work options or flexible office hours. Apply to learn more!
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· Master’s Degree in computer science or related field
· Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and experience working in cloud platforms such as AWS
· Experience with Java, React, and web based technologies
· Experience with Python
· Experience in an engineering leadership position where you have been the owner of a technical architecture with other engineers working under your guidance.
· Strong business and technical vision.
· Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Security domain experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.