Excited about robotics, and how it will be used in our every day lives? The Amazon Consumer Robotics group is pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, making the future closer than ever.
Astro is Amazon’s first household robot to use AI and Intelligent Motion to gracefully and intuitively interact with people and spaces. It is a different kind of robot, one that’s designed to help customers with a range of tasks like home monitoring and keeping in touch with family. It brings together new advancements in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor technology, voice and edge computing in a package that’s designed to be helpful and convenient.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and design and deliver innovative software solutions, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics, to put the concepts you develop into production.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 5+ years of professional software development experience
· 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
· 7+ years professional experience in software development.
· Experience building scalable, available, and low-latency systems
· Experience with Device platform, cloud computing, or large-scale distributed systems
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices &, best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.