Amazon’s Elastic Container Service (ECS) is the best place to run containers in AWS. We launch billions of containers each week and continue to scale to meet our customers’ needs. Our ability to support customer scale and launch new features, while maintaining reliability and availability is what sets us apart and keeps us growing fast.
We are hiring engineering leaders who want to have an impact on one of the fastest growing AWS businesses. In this role, you will grow a diverse team of highly passionate and talented technologists. This team makes data-driven decisions to solve ambiguous problems and deliver a second-to-none experience to your customers. You own the entire development lifecycle, from partnering with product management to define products and features to the delivery and operations of your software.
You will be joining a team with the charter to make containers the new compute primitive and the first choice when architecting modern applications. Come join us and help define how developers use containers at the world’s largest cloud computing company.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced by our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work, it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, but we don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship &, Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth, so one-on-one mentoring is available to all team members and we strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop their skills and leadership.
· 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
· Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· 7+ years’ experience in system software development and delivery
· 3+ years’ experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
· Experience with object-oriented design and implementation (Java, and/or C++), preferably on Linux
· Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· MS in Computer Science or related field
· Experience with large scale distributed systems
· Experience with Docker and the broader Docker ecosystem
· Solid knowledge of Linux fundamentals
· Internet and operating system security fundamentals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.