Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies.
AWS Analytics team provides rapidly growing, industry acclaimed cloud services in areas of big data platforms to data analytics to operational databases. The group is at the forefront of innovation in these areas producing world-class cloud services such as Glue, Lake Formation, Redshift, EMR, Elastic Search, and many more.
AWS Glue is a serverless data integration service that makes it easy to discover, prepare, and combine data for analytics, machine learning, and application development. Our mission is to redefine how data analytics is done in Cloud and make it easy and fast for customers to query their data. AWS Glue provides all of the capabilities needed for serverless data integration so that you can start analyzing your data and putting it to use in minutes instead of months.
We are building the next generation serverless analytics platform with a new service. We are scaling the backend infrastructure to enable super-low latencies workloads at a cloud scale. The teams owns both the product &, backend and it’s a unique experience.
Top reasons to join our team:
* Be catalyst to deliver a truly disruptive product(s) that are growing rapidly
* You get to define, build, own, and run a service in high growth envrionment
* Solve unique and first-order problems in areas of Big Data, Serverless computing, Spark, Distributed Systems and Machine Learning
* Learn how to build &, operate distributed systems at massive scale
* Be part of big data revolution in cloud
* Influence and build products that will leverage scale of resources to run serverless big data workloads
* Passionate in building large scale distributed systems, serverless compute, and big data systems
* Thrive in culture of ownership, delivery and bias for action
* Fast pace environment energizes you to be at your best
* Innovate and invent in agile and collaborative environment
* Curious and eager to learn to expect more of you and others
* Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design and extensible code
* Technically lead a team of smart engineers on complex projects
* Be an advocate of industry best-practices to produce reliable, fault-torrent and dependable code
* Code and test complex system modules, develop and leverage frameworks to be effective and efficient
* Participate in architecture, design and code reviews to maintain our high development standards
* Own system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
* Collaborate and influence other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
* Mentor other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work, it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship &, Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every three months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· – Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
· Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
· Experienced writing multi-threaded programs requiring concurrency and synchronization primitives
· Write very high quality code that is robust and easy to maintain
· Experienced debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting complex, production software
· Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
· Ability to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
· Possess excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities, and proven design skills
· Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems is a plus
· Experience with database systems internals, query optimization, and storage systems is a plus
· Experience with large-scale data analytics and data warehousing is a plus
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.