Do you love working in a greenfield to quickly validate thoughts and learn from the past failures and successes? Do you enjoy solving complex problems and driving influential changes? Do you want to help AWS build systems that respect the customer privacy and enable legitimate use of sensitive data at scale? Do you have a passion to lead building new services /solutions integrating with hundreds or thousands client services across a big organization as AWS? If the answer is YES, we are looking for a technical leader to join and lead our newly formed Data Privacy Protection Platform (D3P) team incubated in the AWS Commerce Platform International Expansion organization. You will drive, build, and operate an ecosystem that provides capability for hundreds of service teams to discover and govern AWS customers’ sensitive data in its entire lifecycle and keep customers in control of how their data is used.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS is expending its successes internationally across the global, at the same time facing the ever evolving data governance and privacy regulations in regions as EU, and countries as China, India, Korea, etc. We are missioned to empower AWS with the ability to be compliant with data privacy regulations around the world, and with the longer vision to provide the same capability to our external enterprise and organization customers.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrated track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems and/or data intensive applications. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where innovations are constant and priorities shift fast. The successful candidate’s code and approach to work will be exemplary, delivering solutions that are inventive, secure, easily maintainable, appropriately scalable, and extensible.
Key job responsibilities
* A constant learner on new or existing technologies to drive technological leadership in solving the business problems, making technical trade-offs
* Designing, developing, and operating key system products and services
* Ensuring designs align the organizational and product architectures and engineering best-practice principles
* Maintaining and promoting a high operational excellence bar
* Operating in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality initiatives on aggressive schedules
A day in the life
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
About the team
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
· 2+ years of experience working on highly distributed, large scale systems
· 5+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 5+ years of professional software development experience
· Good written and verbal communication skill in English with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· 5+ years building and operating large-scale software systems
· Master’s degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive success working across organizational boundaries, and bringing best of people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Big data technology and/or machine learning working experience
· Experience developing data privacy solutions, including data handling techniques (e.g. pseudonymization, anonymization, attribute based encryption)